cowboys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shouldnt we have try outs..

5 posters

Go down

Shouldnt we have try outs.. Empty Shouldnt we have try outs..

Post  YoungHoppa Sun Sep 07 2008, 11:20

Im not sure, but i think we should have tryouts for the 2009 season, even tho we might not need people. We could still get some money for the next season or for the winter practices...

Also do we still have an rxl franchise
YoungHoppa
YoungHoppa

Back to top Go down

Shouldnt we have try outs.. Empty Re: Shouldnt we have try outs..

Post  dahui Sun Sep 07 2008, 22:21

i've been asking myself both those questions for a while ...
dahui
dahui

Back to top Go down

Post  Spook Mon Sep 08 2008, 09:26

Tryouts would be a good idea, we may be able to keep some guys (or gals). We could make it $70 or $80 with paint included and do it Scorpion on a weekend morning (We could even do Mirabel the last weekend of September if not too cold and keep Scorpion as a backup). We will need to define how many spots we will have before posting.

I think I asked Eric about the RXL Franchise in the MXL post. We will see what he answers. Hopefully he will read this post also.

Questions for Eric:
1- Are you keeping the CX4 team?
2- Are you keeping the RXL team? if not, can we keep this year's RXL jersey's in out gear bags to use for the MXL practices and Thursday nights?

I think we need to set some rules on who makes the team. Here's a few recommendations to consider.

1- Must be able to pay his/her share of the annual fees by the time Eric has to pay the CXBL. (We don't want people bailing out halfway without paying). If players are released during the season, they can get back a pro rated share of what they paid up until that time. Any new player coming in would have to pay a pro rated share of what is left of the season. A player will only get money back if they are released by the team. Will not be refunded if they quit. For calculation purposes, the season can be divided in the number of events.

2- 80% attendance is required for practices (except if the reason is because of School homework or Exams). Practice days should take this in consideration. Sunday morning practices on the weekends would avoid cutting into School time. Not sure who has limits with work on the weekends.

3- Team shows up at Scorpion's Thursday nights at least once per month (Mandatory starting on Jan 15th).

4- Willingness to get better and a good attitude is required. Primadona's should stay home

Again, these are just suggestions...I'm sure we can come up with more team rules.
Spook
Spook

Back to top Go down

Post  ethanp123 Tue Sep 09 2008, 17:08

I believe those 4 guidelines cover most of it, however there is one more I would like to add:

5- Players will be required to play with 2 legs and 2 arms

ethanp123

Back to top Go down

Post  dahui Tue Sep 09 2008, 19:04

BAAA! ... fail.
dahui
dahui

Back to top Go down

Post  boosty Sat Sep 13 2008, 15:45

Well if you guys head tryouts I'll surely be there Wink

boosty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum